About the Journal
Open Access Policy
Open Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences (OAMJMS) endorses the definition of open access publication drafted by the Bethesda Meeting on Open Access Publishing. However, OAMJMS has chosen to apply the less-restrictive Creative Commons Attribution License (CCAL) to all works we publish. Unlike the Bethesda Convention, the CCAL allows commercial re-use of all OAMJMS journals' content.
An Open Access Publication is one that meets the following two conditions:
The author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works, in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship, as well as the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal use.
A complete version of the work and all supplemental materials, including a copy of the permission as stated above, in a suitable standard electronic format is deposited immediately upon initial publication in at least one online repository that is supported by an academic institution, scholarly society, government agency, or other well-established organization that seeks to enable open access, unrestricted distribution, interoperability, and long-term archiving (for the biomedical sciences, PubMed Central is such a repository).
 Open access is a property of individual works, not necessarily journals or publishers.
 Community standards, rather than copyright law, will continue to provide the mechanism for enforcement of proper attribution and responsible use of the published work, as they do now.
Macedonian Donor Registry, Rajko Zhinzifov No 48, 1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
- New ISSN registration (eISSN 1857-9655) and new name "Open Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences (OAMJMS)" were obtained in December 2013 (http://www.id-press.eu/mjms/).
- Published from 2013 on by ID Design 2012/DOOEL Skopje, Rajko Zhinzifov No 48, 1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia on behalf of Macedonian Donor Registry, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia (http://www.id-press.eu/oldmjms/index).
- Previously published [from 2008–2012] by Institute of Immunobiology and Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Ss Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje, 50 Divizija No 6, PO Box 60, 1109 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia (http://www.mjms.ukim.edu.mk/).
- First Editors-in-Chief were Prof. Dr. Mirko Spiroski, Prof. Stojmir Petrov and Prof. Dr. Jean Gogusev.
- Founder of the Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences (eISSN 1857-5773) was Prof. Dr. Mirko Spiroski, full professor of immunology and human genetics at the Institute of Immunobiology and Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Ss Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.